Discovering a different gastronomy
Currently, interest in gastronomic tourism is increasing and travellers want to have an unforgettable experience in every way. For this reason, we want to name you the best gastronomic festivals in New Zealand. Certainly, in all of them, you can enjoy eating fresh seafood, tasting local wines and ultimately enjoying everything the events offer.
New Zealand organizes gastronomic events during all seasons of the year and many of them are recognized worldwide. Please, see below some of them:
- Festival Hokitika Wildfoods: it is an annual event located in Cas Square, Hokitika. You can taste from the traditional Whitebait and Venison dishes to unusual dishes such as mountain oysters, Huhu larvae, Possum skewers, etc. The event collects food, music and entertainment.
- Toast Martinborough: you can enjoy it every year during the third Sunday of November in the Martinborough Wine Village boutique since 1992. There are wine, food and music throughout the day.
- Marlborough Food and Wine Festival: it is the best wine and food festival celebrated in New Zealand. It is located in a vineyard and has a huge open space with many tents. The next festival is on February 8, 2020.
- Taste of Auckland Food Festival: the event will take place at the Queens Wharf from October 31 to November 3. It will be a playground for all food lovers. Also, there will be the participation of a very special chef: Marco Pierre White.
- Food and Wine Classic: it is located in Hawke’s Bay, a region known for its great wine production. The event is held every year and brings together the best producers and suppliers of the eastern coastal region.
- Bluff Oyster & Food Festival: If you are a seafood and oyster lover you must participate in this festival. Certainly, Bluff is famous worldwide for its oysters. The next festival is on May 23, 2020.
There are other interesting food events like the Whitianga Scallop Festival or Visa Wellington On a Plate. Anyway, we think that those mentioned above are the best gastronomic festivals in New Zealand.
In addition, this country offers all kind of festival such as sporting events, music festivals, adventure activities, congresses and business seminars, etc.
Finally, we would like to inform you that you will need an eTA for New Zealand. Currently, you have to obtain a NZeTA to enter the country.