At first, getting to such a remote place as New Zealand might seem like an overwhelming thing to do. However, the easiest way to get to New Zealand is certainly by air. Nowadays flying to New Zealand is easy. There are direct flights available from many international destinations. You can book a direct flight to New Zealand from Australia, The United States, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore. In case you live elsewhere and wish to visit New Zealand you can get a connecting flight.
How much are flights to New Zealand?
The flight prices will always vary depending on the season as well as your departure country. We recommend booking your flight at least 3 weeks in advance, the prices are at the peak in – May, June and July.
If you are flying from Canada – a round-trip price will be around $2000.
If you are flying from the United States – a round-trip price will be around $3000.
If you are flying from Europe – a round-trip price will be around $2500.
If you wish to travel in Business class be ready to pay at least $1000-1500 more, first-class prices can go up to $6000-7000.
Additionally, there are extra fees on luggage as well as services chosen during your flight.
Flights from North Island to the South Island of New Zealand cost around $50-100.
How to get cheap flights to New Zealand?
You might have noticed already that flights to New Zealand might get quite expensive as the island is located quite remotely. However, there are some ways to save your money and get your plane tickets cheaper for you to be able to spend your savings on much more exciting stuff during your vacation in New Zealand. To get cheap tickets to New Zealand make sure to:
- Avoid to travel during the weekend, get your tickets in the middle of the week;
- Book your flight 47 days prior to your travel (a study shows that the fares tend to be the lowest);
- Get your tickets through the official airline website, avoid third party websites;
- Get a random seat, take a backpack instead of huge luggage, take a meal on board to avoid paying the extra fees;
- Book one-way ticket if you are going to stay longer, you might find cheaper tickets later on;
- Use incognito mode to browse for cheaper options;
- Compare prices on flight search websites as Skyscanner;
- Use different airlines if you have a connecting flight, as this might give you cheaper options as well.
What airlines fly to New Zealand?
The following airlines provide flights to New Zealand:
American Airlines, United, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Air New Zealand, Virgin Atlantic, China Eastern, China Airlines, China Southern, Air China, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airlines, Qantas, Malaysia Airlines, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific, Philippine Airlines, Tianjin Airlines, British Airways, ANA (All Nippon Airways).